CAT5E UTP & CAT5E STP/FTP
- Cat5e cable is most commonly utilized with unshielded twisted pairs (UTP). Cat5e UTP cable is suitable for all your data and networking requirements and it is suggested when is not required any special protection
- Cat5e Shielded twisted pair (STP or FTP - Foil Shielded Twisted pair) cable is used in environments where extra protection from electrical interference is desired. This can be motors, generators, or other equipment that has a high degree of EMI/RFI (Electro-magnetic interference or Electromagnetic and Radio Frequency Interference .)
CAT5E SOLID & CAT5E STRANDED
- Solid core conductors allow the cable to be run long distances while maintaining performance, but reduces the number of times it can be flexed. This makes solid cable perfect for permanent installation where the cable will not move much once installed.
- Stranded core is used for making flexible patch cables.This flexibility allows it to be flexed many times with no negative effects on performance making it perfect for building patch cables.
CAT5E PVC, CAT5E EXTERNAL GRADE PE, CAT5E LSOH/LSZH (LOW SMOKE ZERO HALOGEN)
- PVC sheath is your “go cable” for installation with no special requirement and it is used for internal installations
- Cat5e External Grade is in Polyetheleyne (PE) jacket for use in outdoors applications. It is designed to be waterproof and UV resistant.
- Low smoke zero halogen (LSOH or LSZH) outer jacket adds security in case of fire as the fumes generated from low smoke cables are less harmful than non Low Smoke outer sheaths.
CAT5E CABLE ON FRUITY CABLES LTD
Cat5e cables are available in both solid and stranded conductors, with associated differences in their use: solid conductors are most commonly utilised in long runs and applications where connections will be made with punch-down equipment (wall jacks and other fixed components). Stranded conductors are more often chosen for use in short cables such as patch cables where connections will be facilitated with crimping tools. The advantage to such stranded conductors is primarily flexibility when moving patch cables from one position to another.
Cat5e cabling is most often utilised with a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) sheath and conductors most often consist of 24 American Wire Gauge (AWG) standard. Cable runs using Cat5e cable can be as much as 100 meters (328 feet). Utilisation of network switches between cable runs can facilitate distances in excess of 100 meters.
Depending on the physical environment of the cable installation, specific requirements can be accommodated through utilising specific cable characteristics:
- UV rating – this allows exposure to outdoor UV radiation
- Shielding – shielded cables may be appropriate where cables are in close proximity to devices such as RF equipment or other devices that produce high levels of electromagnetic interference.
- Fire or smoke considerations – where PVC is not preferred out of concerns for PVC-generated smoke conditions, plenum-rated sheathing can be utilised.